Friday, December 31, 2010

Weekly Digest - Week of 12/27/10

Market Performance

Sector Performance
2010 has finally come to an end wrapping up what has been an eventful and exciting year.  The markets have now ended positive 5 out of the last 6 weeks.  Like last week we saw little volume going into this week which was expected from the holidays.  Market didn't see much movement across any day, except a hard sell off at the close of today.  As you can see in the sectors we didn't have much movement except in basic materials, but everything else remained basically flat. 

I tried to keep trading light this week because I knew volume would be low.  My NFLX puts expired worthless today which will free up my money/maintenance to resume trading in the new year.  I went ahead and went long into NVDA this morning on a strong break of resistance.  NVDA finished the day strong at its high, so we will see what happens with it next week.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy new year.  I know I am looking forward to get trading back to normal come Monday.  We will see you in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment